The mythical address of Pyla
In the beginning in 1932
It all started in 1932, when Michel Bru declared that he wanted to operate a drinks outlet firing less than 23 ° in the villa Renée-Geneviève, on Place Meller (in the old numbering, the villa Renée-Geneviève was at number 61 and the restaurant La Guitoune at 63, you might think it was the same establishment). At the time, there was a garage-workshop attached to the villa. In the advertisement of Paris-Soir, on January 15, 1933, one can read "Pyla-sur-Mer La Guitoune, Rustic Hotel, comfortable, splendid view of Pilat". Monsieur Bru asked to stop operating on December 30, 1933.
The story continues in 1938, when the Association of Pyla-sur-Mer owners complained of the installation, by the Capeyron agency, of two panels for the sale of the pension "La Guitoune" . These signs are therefore incompatible with the specifications governing the seaside resort which requires obtaining a special authorization to trade in real estate.
It was on May 30, 1939 that La Guitoune became the property of Monsieur Sonthonnax. The owner of this hotel in Pyla sur Mer asks the town hall to invite his neighbor, Madame Tauzin, to have his land cleaned, adjoining his, because of the risk of fire, furthermore, snakes and snakes have found refuge there.
From April 15 to October 15, 1941, the hotel was requisitioned to make it available to 30 men of the occupying army. The restaurant room for 3 meals a day, service and linen are to be provided. The allowance is 10 francs per man per day, food being provided by the occupying army.
In 1945, Jacques Choisi succeeds Monsieur Sonthonnax.